CBI@FUDAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Jobs is gone, it is time to re-think the future of smartphone industry

+11
loujia
Li mingjie
ruby
KnoxZ2011
einnikki
Stonezm
DanielLi@11GB
Li Yang
Tamis Wang
hefang
li Denghui
15 posters

Go down

When Jobs is gone, it is time to re-think the future of smartphone industry Empty When Jobs is gone, it is time to re-think the future of smartphone industry

Post  li Denghui Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:07 am

The most sad thing during this holiday is that we lost Steve Jobs, a creative genious who has maken a great contribution to smartphone industry. Before the holiday, I have actually heared a lot of topics on this forum to talk about the future of HTC company and its products since we have done the case of HTC in CBI course. Now, after Jobs was gone, i believe it is time to spend some time to re-think the future of HTC or the whole smartphone industry, isn't it?

li Denghui

Back to top Go down

When Jobs is gone, it is time to re-think the future of smartphone industry Empty Re: When Jobs is gone, it is time to re-think the future of smartphone industry

Post  hefang Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:11 pm

li Denghui wrote:
The most sad thing during this holiday is that we lost Steve Jobs, a creative genious who has maken a great contribution to smartphone industry. Before the holiday, I have actually heared a lot of topics on this forum to talk about the future of HTC company and its products since we have done the case of HTC in CBI course. Now, after Jobs was gone, i believe it is time to spend some time to re-think the future of HTC or the whole smartphone industry, isn't it?

So u wanna make a new case analysis? Very Happy

hefang

Back to top Go down

When Jobs is gone, it is time to re-think the future of smartphone industry Empty Re: When Jobs is gone, it is time to re-think the future of smartphone industry

Post  Tamis Wang Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:29 pm

he is a genius that no one can surpass.
All competitors will miss him, as he is not only a rival but also the one who pushes the whole industry ahead.

Guess the smart phone industry will slow down little bit with his pass-away.

li Denghui wrote:

Tamis Wang

Back to top Go down

Post  Li Yang Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Jobs is CEO, dreamer, perfectism, Action.
Who will be his successor, or which company have good procedure can innovate dreamer and perectism,? He or this firm will be the leader

Li Yang

Back to top Go down

Post  li Denghui Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:44 am

Agree with you and I bet this industry will slow down for quite a long time!!

Tamis Wang wrote:he is a genius that no one can surpass.
All competitors will miss him, as he is not only a rival but also the one who pushes the whole industry ahead.

Guess the smart phone industry will slow down little bit with his pass-away.

li Denghui wrote:

li Denghui

Back to top Go down

Post  DanielLi@11GB Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:01 am

yes, its so sad to know this news, but still hope the next generation of iphone will keep their innovation like the way Jobs did.

DanielLi@11GB

Back to top Go down

Post  Stonezm Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:34 am

I agree that the smart phone industry will slow down due to Steve Jobs' leave for a while. But I also believe that there will have other "Steve Jobs" in future.

For HTC, maybe it's good time to increase its market share, because some customers, includes end-users and operations, may have some concern for Apple after Steve Jobs' leave.

Stonezm

Back to top Go down

Post  einnikki Sun Oct 09, 2011 1:32 pm

DanielLi@11GB wrote:yes, its so sad to know this news, but still hope the next generation of iphone will keep their innovation like the way Jobs did.

The success of apple is not only Jobs but also the effort of the whole apple's team. So I think apple will keep their success!

einnikki

Back to top Go down

Post  KnoxZ2011 Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:26 pm

This topic is too huge to ordinary people as I am...

KnoxZ2011

Back to top Go down

Post  ruby Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:56 pm

I think the smart phone industry's competition would become more fierce. As the stock price of Apple has dropped off, people may short their Apple shares, yet I really do not think there is really that much effect on the stock market or the business world.

ruby

Back to top Go down

Post  Li mingjie Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:49 am

I believed that boosting the innovation in smartphone industry is only a small protion of the blueprint that Jobs was drawing. He was attempting to make customers gradually been familiar with the brand new user experence by introducing smart phone product what is considered to be the most intimate electronic device for people. His major purpose is to subvert current PC industry by developing post PC device.

Li mingjie

Back to top Go down

Post  loujia Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:42 am

Personally I tend to agree with your opinion.

loujia

Back to top Go down

Post  hazel.zhao Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:58 pm

It was reported that the stock price of Apple's competitors were all on the rise since the news of Steve Jobs' leave was released. HTC should also keep an eye on the other competitors like Motorola.

Stonezm wrote:I agree that the smart phone industry will slow down due to Steve Jobs' leave for a while. But I also believe that there will have other "Steve Jobs" in future.

For HTC, maybe it's good time to increase its market share, because some customers, includes end-users and operations, may have some concern for Apple after Steve Jobs' leave.

hazel.zhao

Back to top Go down

Post  loujia Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:59 pm

I am in sympathy with your proposals.
The core is the symbolic importance , rather than its practical significance.

loujia

Back to top Go down

Post  loujia Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:06 pm

loujia wrote:I am in sympathy with your proposals.

will this industry decilne or eclipse after JOBS's gone?
I think he had embedded the culture of innovation into APPLE, and APPLE will heritage his unfulfilled wish of the deceased.

loujia

Back to top Go down

Post  helenagreat Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:32 pm

I don't think Jobs death will influence Apple go on innovation and development. Each coin has two sides. Jobs led apple to a higher level, but he also had his own limit. Without Jobs, Apple maybe create new future which is more open-up.

helenagreat

Back to top Go down

Post  li Denghui Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:07 pm

to be honest, i really doubt this. When Jobs is gone, i bet all the innovation from Apple will be gone as well.

loujia wrote:

I think he had embedded the culture of innovation into APPLE, and APPLE will heritage his unfulfilled wish of the deceased.

li Denghui

Back to top Go down

Post  li Denghui Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:08 pm

but Jobs is the core

einnikki wrote:
DanielLi@11GB wrote:yes, its so sad to know this news, but still hope the next generation of iphone will keep their innovation like the way Jobs did.

The success of apple is not only Jobs but also the effort of the whole apple's team. So I think apple will keep their success!

li Denghui

Back to top Go down

When Jobs is gone, it is time to re-think the future of smartphone industry Empty Agree

Post  yufang huang Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:49 pm

einnikki wrote:

Totally agree. Without the effort of the whole team, apple cannot achieve the success. Although Jobs is gone, the culture is still there.

yufang huang

Back to top Go down

Post  loujia Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:14 pm

li Denghui wrote:to be honest, i really doubt this. When Jobs is gone, i bet all the innovation from Apple will be gone as well.

loujia wrote:

If a company gets into trouble soon after its leader's gone, whatever, it is not a successful company.
Had Sony brokendown after Ibuka (井深大)and Akio Morita(盛田昭夫), who passed away in 1997 and 1999?

loujia

Back to top Go down

Post  li Denghui Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:41 am

totally agree with you on this point. But I am afraid Apple company can be a special case.

loujia wrote:
li Denghui wrote:to be honest, i really doubt this. When Jobs is gone, i bet all the innovation from Apple will be gone as well.

loujia wrote:

If a company gets into trouble soon after its leader's gone, whatever, it is not a successful company.
Had Sony brokendown after Ibuka (井深大)and Akio Morita(盛田昭夫), who passed away in 1997 and 1999?

li Denghui

Back to top Go down

Post  linkan Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Undoubtedly, Jobs's gone is a big loss for Apple. In a short term, Apple will not be impacted by this event,since Jobs has built a safety eco-system for apple which is strong enough to face the highly competitive challenge in smartphone industry. But for long term, Apple will not jump to another big success if there is no corruptive innovation, maybe siri is, but need to wait and see the result. Unfortunately, Jobs is the corruptive innovation engine of Apple. Wish Jobs bless Apple.

linkan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down