CBI@FUDAN
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[b]Where Sony and Microsoft will go in the future?[/b]

5 posters

Go down

[b]Where Sony and Microsoft will go in the future?[/b] Empty [b]Where Sony and Microsoft will go in the future?[/b]

Post  zhaonini Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:57 pm

I have seen many some bloggers advise S and M need to get Wii's features to PS family and Xbox 360. Acutally I really don't agree with this idea.

A single product with more feartures will bring some income at a short term somehow. However, it's not feasible for a big company to go furture by imitating an old product model. I expected that in 2 months a similar product will be made by other manufactures, especially in China. I suppose, only disruptive strategy will save Sony and Microsoft in video game industry.

In my opinion, there 2 points S and M need to do. First, make some easy games to allow new gamers easily control, instead of reascearch many sophistic game interfaces. Second, implant games to bags even suits to make your daily tool as a toy, which is a really a virgin potential market. People could kill time using bags and suits no need to take console out, when waiting for a bus and other occasions.

All in all, only disruptive strategy could let company to be the top, do not only focus the current business or product models.

zhaonini

Back to top Go down

[b]Where Sony and Microsoft will go in the future?[/b] Empty Re: [b]Where Sony and Microsoft will go in the future?[/b]

Post  Aimee Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:57 am

[Frankly, it's not convenient to use this forum. The function is a bit TOO SIMPLE. Laughing ]

Yeah, I can't agree more that Nintendo is not a universal pattern. It's just a temporary popularity to play game and do exercise at home with Wii. It's similar to the appearance of TV set, VCD or Karaok. There may be some small companies to imitate this kind of product owing to its high profit margin. However, it's unwise for famous electrical companies like Sony and Microsoft to track the same path as Nintendo.

Similar to Nintendo's typical feature in sensor technology, Sony is apt in media production while Microsoft has strong background in programming. It's core competency which is the real source of their own profit and innovation. Without feasibility, creativity is just a science fiction. Without marketing insight, innovation would accelerate the collapse of company.

No matter portable machine or luxury appliance as home theater, they all provide us happiness and relax. As a woman in 30th with average IQ, I really wish the games in PS or Xbox would be easier to handle and more funny. It's intolerable to face with punch of stupid traps, nonsense troubles or insulting remarks after work. Meantime, the sense of reality in Wii should be improved. I would put it in my shopping list if most of games would be integrated to limited accessories instead of an array of Wii assistants, such as glove, dancing mat, drum, yoga mat, pistol, etc.

There is no universal truth. No one would be top dog forever. Every road leads to Rome.

Aimee

Back to top Go down

[b]Where Sony and Microsoft will go in the future?[/b] Empty Re: [b]Where Sony and Microsoft will go in the future?[/b]

Post  Luo Jian Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:37 pm

There are several courses of actions available to Sony PS3and Microsoft Xbox.
First and foremost, Sony and Microsoft should pay attention to their old clients’ needs. Those three video game companies hold different target clients’ group.
A.Sony PS3’s clients: PS3 for the pursuit of extreme audio-visual enjoyment, and does not care about the price of the game player.
B.Microsoft Xbox’s clients: Xbox for the pursuit of cost-effective game player, who don't care about the number of games and a host of stability just want to spend as little as possible money in exchange for the highest possible host performance and the actual game presentation
C. Wii suitable for love in strange new game play experience--creative fun game player, or not previously exposed many of the games. The ancient game mode of operation was a game player. Wii designed for a group of people as a selling point, the game for younger age.

Secondly, develop new peripheral aspects such as modern consoles.
A.At present PS3 handle using Bluetooth technology, with motion sensing technology, 6 axis induction systems, no vibration function. The wireless handles effective distance of 30 feet. PS3 should consider vibration function in future items which could make players exacting.
B.Xbox’s present console--No motion sensing function; with vibration function; maximum support 4 wireless controller; the wireless handle effective distance of 10 meters and 40 hours of battery. It could add Bluetooth support then convenient for players.
Only keep modern and unique peripheral aspects could take up the market earlier than other companies.

Thirdly, Microsoft and Sony could use their advantages to design easy system in order to players learn quickly.
The reason that Wii got success is simple control system. Microsoft and Sony could use their advantages to design easy system in order to players learn quickly.
Last but not least, offer more and more free charge or qualified service

Luo Jian

Back to top Go down

Post  qiuhao2222 Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:45 am

zhaonini wrote:I have seen many some bloggers advise S and M need to get Wii's features to PS family and Xbox 360. Acutally I really don't agree with this idea.

A single product with more feartures will bring some income at a short term somehow. However, it's not feasible for a big company to go furture by imitating an old product model. I expected that in 2 months a similar product will be made by other manufactures, especially in China. I suppose, only disruptive strategy will save Sony and Microsoft in video game industry.

In my opinion, there 2 points S and M need to do. First, make some easy games to allow new gamers easily control, instead of reascearch many sophistic game interfaces. Second, implant games to bags even suits to make your daily tool as a toy, which is a really a virgin potential market. People could kill time using bags and suits no need to take console out, when waiting for a bus and other occasions.

All in all, only disruptive strategy could let company to be the top, do not only focus the current business or product models.

I think the future of the Game Console is focued on the whole family, not only one group of people. If the game could be accepted by every people, from the children to the elder, then the game industry will have its future.

qiuhao2222

Back to top Go down

Post  nick_cai Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:16 pm

zhaonini wrote:I have seen many some bloggers advise S and M need to get Wii's features to PS family and Xbox 360. Acutally I really don't agree with this idea.

What Sony should do to sustain its remarkable success in past decades ? I'd like to provide my suggestions as follows.

Firstly, currently our daily life has been significantly changed by information technology and the Internet. Therefore, Sony should optimize its company structure and remove those business divisions that would be probably eliminated by the information age.
Secondly, Sony needs to take its traditional advantages in electronic technology and integrate it with information and Internet, thus re-establishing its leadership position in the world.

In the video game industry, although the PS3 was not a best-selling console like its predecessor PS2, Sony cannot simply copy the innovation model of Nintendo, which brought the company remarkable sales revenues with (the market launch of) the Wii. Sony should focus on consumer demands and continue its product innovation in the mainstream market. Simultaneously, Sony must also modify its PS3 marketing strategy in order to increase its profits.

nick_cai

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down